Thursday, March 5, 2009

One Short Week Later . . .

The healing process is amazing. In just one short week I have gone from causing people to scream and run away in total terror, to looking almost back to normal. I can finally take off the dark glasses in public! It's been a fascinating experience, and my face has been a rainbow of colors, to say the least. What is interesting to me is that the first day, only the area around my left eye was affected. But as the days have passed, the color has traveled to my right eye as well, and down the side of my face, almost to my chin.

The stitches came out this afternoon, and the doctor said everything looks great and most likely, I won't even have a scar to remember this by.

In case you like looking at such things, here are a few more pics of the progression . . .



Day 3 - Looking somewhat like a raccoon after an all-night bender



Day 5 - The most colorful day



Today (Day 8) after the stitches were removed.
Just a few little scabs left, and most of the colorfulness is gone.
My left eye still isn't fully open, but I think I'm gonna live!


I know I said this before, but I'm so very grateful that all I ended up with was a few stitches and a colorful face. It could have been so much worse! If I had to make such a klutzy display of myself and fall on my face, I'm so lucky that I hit that top step (or actually, that whale) the way I did! At just a slightly different angle, it could have actually taken out my eye. Three to four inches lower, it could have knocked out my teeth or messed up my already fragile jaw. A tiny bit to the right could have broken my nose. I could have been knocked unconscious, ended up with a concussion, or shattered my cheekbones. But as it turned out, I didn't break anything, I never even got a headache! All I can say is, "Thank You God!!!!"

Oh, by the way, any day now I should be receiving that walker . . .

1 comment:

  1. Ya GOD for taking such good care of my sis and healing her so quickly.
    Hugs,
    me

    ReplyDelete