Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Sara

We've been looking forward to taking my little granddaughter, Sara, to the Wild Animal Park for her 3rd Birthday. We've never had "alone time" with her, because it's been so hit and miss - one time she likes us, the next time she won't have anything to do with us. But recently she said, "I want to go with you, Gramma", so I was hopeful, and excited, about a special day with her.

We arrived at the house to pick her up, and she was all dressed and ready to go. She gave me a big hug, wanted to show off her room and especially her new "big girl bed", opened her birthday gift, it was looking good. But when it came time to get in the car, she refused to go with us. I certainly wasn't going to push it or force her to go - what fun would that be? So we had to leave without her. I'm sad and disappointed, but . . . maybe by her 10th birthday???

John and I decided to go to the Wild Animal Park anyway, we were already more than half way there, and it was such a beautiful day. We had a nice time walking around, taking the African Safari Ride twice, and just enjoying all the animals and birds and beautiful plants. I never cease to be amazed at the wide diversity of the animal kingdom, each variety so perfectly suited to its natural environment, and each so distinct from the others. Who could ever say God doesn't have a great imagination or an even greater sense of humor?

So Happy Birthday, Sara! You missed out on a really fun time.

My favorite picture of the day . . .

Pure Contentment!

No comments:

Post a Comment