Friday, September 17, 2010

Home!

It's a really really really long drive down Hwy 5 to get home. I never like the last day of a vacation . . . knowing that reality is looming on the horizon. On the other hand, I do like it when we arrive at home - and that soon I'll get to hear all about what's been going on while we were gone and seeing my family and friends, who I always miss when we're away.

We got home around 9:00 PM last night, and after unloading the car and putting away the essential stuff, we just dumped the rest on the bedroom floor. This morning I sorted the clothes and have started the marathon laundry project. Next I have to sort the pile of mail and then make a trip to the grocery store, and then we'll be pretty much back to normal.

It doesn't seem possible, but we traveled 3,745 miles on this trip. We saw lots of Washington that we had never seen before, and even finally got to use our new passports - but I'm disappointed that Canada only scanned them and didn't even stamp one of the pages. So they still look untouched! But we know!

The trip was good - and it was fun to be away from home for awhile. But it's also good to be back. Thanks for tagging along . . . I'll try to do better about blogging about more day to day things from now on too.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Home!! I truly enjoyed tagging along with you on your adventures and it makes the time without you go much faster.

    Love and Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete