Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Long Lake Dam

Each day brings it's own adventure. Today we decided to drive around Long Lake, the lake that John and Ruth's home sits on, to see what's on the other side. The lake is really part of the Spokane River, and is created by a dam at each end.

Long Lake Dam

Long Lake
Checking out the dam


Osprey nest on the telephone pole -
this nest was humongous - wish the birds had been around!

After having lunch in town, we went back to the house, dropped the guys off, and Ruth and I went back into town and walked through a few more used furniture/antique stores. Really fun to look at all the stuff - and even more fun to find old toys and things that we had as kids. Brought back a lot of memories. I even found some casseroles and bowls just like ones that I've had since the 60's and still use all the time. Maybe if I keep them another 50 years, they'll qualify as antiques! And it just goes to show how ignorant I am - I saw quite a few items similar to ones I used to have and threw or gave away . . . . who knew they'd be valuable some day! But hey, you can't keep everything, right? Anyway, it was a really interesting and entertaining day! Ruth is great at spotting bargains ands knows how to wheel and deal - and lucky for the guys, we came home empty handed!

No comments:

Post a Comment