I can hardly believe that we are leaving tomorrow! Just as I predicted way back when I first started this blog, the time has whizzed by and here it is, less than 24 hours from "takeoff", and I'm NOT READY! Too much has been going on, and I've been very busy doing everything except planning this trip. But still, we are leaving tomorrow morning, so today will be filled with last minute house-cleaning, plant-watering, clothes-packing, and all those other last second details that have to be done before an extended absence. But hey, I have 24 hours, right? And who needs to sleep anyway?
The trip planning has been basically on the back-burner all this time. Normally weeks ago I would have had the trip all planned out, subject to change at any moment along the way of course. And I would have been stacking up clothes, gathering together other stuff to pack, my house would be sparkling, and everything would be organized. But this time, at this moment NONE of that is true. We just finally sat down with the map yesterday and planned our route for the first few days. Thanks to a few friends, I have a nice long list of "must see" places in Ohio, Indiana and Michigan, so that much at least is very helpful. And I have contacted some friends and relatives that we hope to visit along the way. Other than that, we'll be playing it by ear, day by day. And that's OK - spontaneity and flexibility are good things - right???!!!
Well, nothing will get done if I keep sitting here at the computer . . . Stay tuned and see where we end up along the way . . . .
Anticipatory Grief
7 years ago

It is Wednesday about 1 pm and you should be ready to actually start on your trip. I plan to watch for your updates. I miss you already :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderfully fun trip with no problems and lots of pictues.
Hugs,
me