Friday, May 15, 2009

All I Can Say is Wow! (Part 1)

We arrived at my cousin Ron Minnich's home yesterday evening, and I don't have words to describe his property. It is so beautiful! And huge! He almost has his own state! He owns 75 acres, including his own stream, his own lake, and his own forest. I'll just let the photos do the talking for me (and trust me, the photos don't do it justice!) . . .


This is the entry to his property - the house in the background belongs to his son

The plaque on the entry gate

View of the front of Ron's house from across his own private lake, with some resident frogs
and completely stocked with fish


View out of the front door


Back of the house



The forest behind the house, with a creek running through it in the background

Sunset over the lake

It's totally breathtaking! Ron created all of this himself - he said there was a cornfield where the lake is now. He designed it, dug it, and filled it from his own private well. He planted every tree (except the ones in the natural forest behind the house), and I'm guessing there are over 200 trees and he knows the name of each and every one. He's an expert landscaper, it's as pretty as any park I have ever seen, with so many different types of plants and flowers, most of which we can't grow at home because of the heat. And again, he and his wife carefully planted each one and he knows all the names.

The inside of the house is gorgeous also - and again, he designed it and sub-contracted the construction. It has 3 levels - the main floor consists of the kitchen/breakfast nook and family room, formal living and dining room, 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, office, and service porch. The upstairs is the master bedroom and bath, and the basement has Ron's study. It's about 3600 sq. ft. and beautifully furnished. Amazing!
More in the next entry . . .

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW we had a rich great-uncle/cousin/something out there!!! How do I get to be his favorite neice/cousin/whatever so I can inherit the family mansion??? Just G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!! Wow. Wow. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I agree with G - it is truly beautiful. I am glad you got to stay there and spend time with him. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete